Who is Magi Ann?
Books written by Mena Evans with the aim of supporting children and their families to learn to read in Welsh – Magi Ann is the main character. The books continue to be popular decades later, with Menter Iaith Flint and Wrexham having developed many of the stories into useful apps.
These apps have won the National Lottery main prize for best colourful apps back in 2017.
The Mentrau Iaith across Wales can offer story sessions with Magi Ann, and she is often seen at festivals and events hosted or supported by the Mentrau Iaith.
*Magi Ann apps can be found for free here:
Symud gyda Tedi / Move with Tedi
Tedi is one of Magi Ann’s friend and also has his own Facebook page – here!
What is Symud Gyda Tedi?
- Keep fit sessions for young children and their families by using Story and Song.
- Bilingual sessions promoting Welsh.
- The videos can be seen YouTube to enable children and their families to follow the sessions from their homes, creche, or schools.
- The sessions are based on The Magi Ann books.
- The sessions last between 30 – 40 minutes.
- The sessions are an opportunity for families to meet new people.
- The main aim is to ensure all have FUN whilst taking part