Do you enjoy organising activities and love the Welsh language?
Menter Iaith BGTM’s Charitable Incorporated Organisation (charitable no. 1181104) is looking for a special person to build on the promotion and development of opportunities to use the Welsh language already made in Blaenau Gwent and Torfaen.
Job Description / Main Respobsibilities: –
- Providing opportunities for county residents to access linguistic, cultural and artistic events.
- Assess the needs of the county’s communities in terms of Welsh medium activities through a process of wide consultation.
- Foster and develop close links with community groups, voluntary organizations and other partners (eg Gwent Welsh for Adults, Mudiad Meithrin) coordinating and organizing innovative and engaging activities and constantly evaluating them.
- Working with children and people of all ages.
- Develop specific projects prioritized in Government application and targets.
- Promote the work of the Menter through extensive use of social media and the website
- Raise the profile of the Menter in the local and national press, prepare regular releases and articles and distribute them to the press and media etc.
- Prepare sponsorship applications.
- Good oral and written Welsh language skills essential
- An understanding of the culture and linguistic needs of South East Wales
- Experience of working with and organizing various activities for children and adults
- Ability to communicate clearly in Welsh and English at all levels and to work with a wide range of ages
- Confident when working independently and showing initiative
- Experience of creating and encouraging new (innovative) ideas
- Standard IT / social media skills
- Current DBS
- Current driving license and car
Salary: £ 21,074 – £ 23,111 (depending on skills and experience)
An employer’s pension contribution (8%) is paid in addition
Travel costs are paid at the HMRC rate
Hours: 37.5 hours per week. Ideally this will be a full time job but applicants wishing to work part time can be considered. You are expected to work unsociable hours at times
Holidays: 28 days a year.
The post is funded by the Welsh Government until March 31st 2021 with the possibility of extending the contract subject to further funding for 2021 onwards. A three month probationary period will need to be successfully completed.
Room 4 Alder Suite, Mamhilad House C
First Floor North
Mamhilad Park Estate
* Successful applicants will be expected to work in offices throughout the counties at times e.g. Ysgol Gwynllyw, Ysgol Bro Helyg, Blaina as well as working from home
Closing Date: 7 September 2020
Contact: Thomas Hughes, Chief Officer email@example.com
Please return the form by email by 12pm, Monday 7th September 2020